Sunday, July 31, 2011

Snap Out of It!

Dear Ladies,

In a self imposed cold like stupor lately and that nasty spirit won’t seem to flee? Some may call this state depression or funk. No matter what we call it, it's time to snap ourselves right out of it and lay a hold of the promises of God. What are you seeing right now and with which eyes?

Yesterday my husband and friends were talking about being healed, but walking the process out. For both main characters in our stories, it was a two-year process. The discussion of tenacious and laborious times of waiting and being a one-eyed faith walker almost caused them not to see what the Lord was doing. Their healings did come. Their spiritual eyes were clouded on their journeys, though they had faith, and their natural eyes were still seeing the same vision: sickness and poor health. This scenario applies to most any topics, such as marriage, financial, and personal problems.

Sometimes our narrow vision keeps us from seeing what is really going on. We are too busy finding all of the reasons why it cannot be; the sight of the small blessings and signs along the way are being smothered.

Don’t get me wrong. What you and I are going through right now is real and painful, but the message is the same. We have to stand firm and snap out of the stupor. So, as I get ready to leave for church, I brush off this spirit of stupor and I put on the garment of praise. I open both spiritual eyes, and I line them up with the Word. I remember that my God can do anything!

It’s time to shake it off and wake up!

No comments: