Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'll Have some Tear Soup Please

Dear Ladies,

I woke up this morning with a lot on my mind. I was thinking about the impression that Kristin Parks, a Godly woman, left with me yesterday. We spoke and fellowshipped last night and talked about how her unborn daughter who was diagnosed with Achondrogenesis, which is a lethal form of dwarfism and there are no recorded cases of babies surviving it. It has been a little over a month since Carina went to be with Jesus. You’re probably wondering why I am writing this blog, but I tell you there are many reasons. I suspect there are reasons I am not aware of, but God is. Ironically, this was one of our topics last night. Moreover, Kristin has inspired me before, and I have always looked up to her as a woman of God who takes her calling seriously, loves the Lord with everything she has and goes through, is the best mother and wife I know, and trusts Him completely. She is the author of the blog: Choosing Carina: http://choosingcarina.blogspot.com/. She is also the author of the book: To Be Loved by You.

Some of the key points of our conversation last night and this morning revelations’ are as follows:

· Your life speaks. In reflection, we are an open book to be read by many. I am thankful that she has chosen to write her blog and tell her story. As I read her blog, her words inspire me to live my life to the fullest I can in Him.

· Your story needs to get out. In reflection, we talked about how her story is important on many complex levels and topics. She talked about putting her blog in chapter form. I told her that it would be awesome for anyone in her situation to have that book in their hands, though HOW she lived and is living through her trial that she embraced and trusted God is also a story. Yes, the chapter blog idea is a good one, but there is more. I believe that she is going to be speaking to both small and large audiences about the faithfulness of the Lord and His people.

· Some people don’t know what to say. In reflection, I felt so much pain when I thought about what she was going through that I did not call her. I did not want to cause her any more pain, but the truth is her blog inspired me to pray for her and to ask God to make me more like her. Even when I separated or held back, she ministered to me.

· She poured her husband a glass of water without him even asking. Okay, this might not seem like a big deal, but she did not get up to get herself more water and then get him a glass. She got up to get him water because his glass was empty. I did not even notice the smoothness of this. She asked where the water was. I told her where the Brita container was, and then I marveled that when she sat down, …. her glass was empty. I asked her about it. Again, here is an example where she lives her life unto the Lord. She is also a wife who takes care of her husband. I thought this morning about in the Bible where it talks about the ones that did not minister to the people in need. Lord, I want to be more like her Lord because she is more like you!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25:44-46&version=NKJV

Every woman has a story to tell. Some stories are more powerful than others, but in honoring my friend, Kristin Parks, I wanted to help her get her story out! I believe that her blog and life will inspire you too! Kristin told me about a book called Tear Soup last night. The story book teaches people to understand the grief process. Last night she told me that sometimes we need to pull out some bread to go with our tear soup. I guess that is part of what last night was.....Even tear soup is manna from heaven!

Might you consider asking her to speak at your church or event?

Below is an excerpt from her blog: Don't Forget the Manna

Friday, June 3, 2011

Don't Forget The Manna

I'm starting to read this book called, "The One Year Book Of Hope." In the introduction, the author has also just lost a child. She asks her sister-in-law how you get through the loss? How do you get through the grief? Her sister answered, "Manna." Such a perfect answer!

When the Israelites were wandering the desert, they had to depend on God daily for their sustenance; manna. Just as they had to depend on it daily, so do I. I have to depend on Him daily to get me through my grief.

I tend to be a "ritual" person. I get up, get Autumn's breakfast, fix Ken his lunch, eat....my day starts pretty much the same. The middle sometimes changes, but it doesn't vary much. Being ritualistic is not what will get me through my day. I need the manna. And the thing about manna is, you can't store it up. Just as the children of Israel couldn't store it up. They needed a new supply daily. I am determined to remember my daily need for Him. Only His word and His strength are unchanging.

Don't forget the manna.

Thanks for reading the entire entry! I hope it inspires you to love the Lord with more of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. If she can do it, so can you and I! Ummmm...I'll take a cup of that tear soup Lord.

No comments: