Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stepping Out!

Dear Ladies,

I am used to doing things behind the scenes. I love to avoid being in the limelight or the center of attention. I know it is hard to believe, but I have to make myself do things.

For example, I did not volunteer to be the game planner and person for our showers at our church, but I was drafted by Pastor LaDonna Jones. Even though I resisted, I am thankful she gave me this opportunity to grow. This was my second shower, and I had so much fun! I was out of my comfort zone, and I survived. The games were a blast. I laughed a lot too. You know the Bible says that laughter is good medicine (Proverbs 17:22)! Had I said no, I would have missed out on this blessing.

So ladies, when you are given an opportunity to do something you have never done before, see it as a chance to grow. Step out in faith. Take a chance!

No comments: