Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thorns, Thistles, Prostitution, & Assignments: It's Supper Time!

Dear Ladies of the Most High God,
After writing the poem below, I am still reminded of God message through Hosea, which was one of repentance, encouragement, and love. Also, despite the thistle and thorn bushes amongst us, we need to be concerned about the soil of our heart. What is it receiving, and how is it reacting to the trials and things that surround us and or attack us?

Remember to "Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until He comes and showers His righteousness on you." (Hosea 10:12 NLT). I don't want bitterness rooted in me, and yet, some wounds from people reoccur. It seems almost to test the decisions I make. Will I let the cares of this life corrupt my heart, or will I be a tool for Christ? Will I let Him use me? Will I walk the unexpected road: Thorns, Thistle, and Assignments? I will, and I will pray for rain until it comes! Jesus, make it rain! In Jesus name! He is with you in your journey!

Enjoy the song: "Rain Down" by Rita Springer. This is my prayer today! Rain in my heart Lord and shine through the thorns and thistles that nag at my soul as if to capture it and separate me from Your love. Let Your rain shower on me, Lord! It's supper time; I can taste it! Can you? Press in!


Thorns, Thistles, Prostitution, & Assignments: A Poem
Sometimes things are difficult traveling an unexpected highway.
Hosea married Gomer, a prostitute, and named their children:
God-plants, not-loved, and not-my-people.
God used his life to show Israel the pain their actions caused.
Hosea did not deserve this request and charge;
Yet, he accepted the thistle and thorn bushes making him a tool in God’s hands.

Sometimes life is thorny, and we walk an inconceivable and tedious road.
Jesus puts in the heart of every little girl grand hopes and dreams.
To marry, be loved, have children, grow old, just name a few!
If one focuses on life’s stings, they could miss the significance of their journey.
He planted us in peoples’ lives to be Christ to His people.
Our fragrance is His love that we bring to everyone’s lives around us.
Like Hosea, we can be God's tool amidst the barbwire and pickers!

No comments: