Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane: Pulling the Wool Over God's Eyes is Not Possible!


Life in the fast line is getting old; I keep asking the Lord what I am supposed to be doing right now. I also need to heed the word of two women of God who recently told me that the Lord wants me to listen to Him.

Yes, I need to come into His presence and praise Him and petitioning is important, but I need to remember to be still in His presence! While I am there, I can listen. A woman can speak 12,000 words or more a day. I wonder if the Lord ever shouts, “SHHH!” Well, it is not possible to shout a shhhh, but the point that I am making is that God wants us to come into His presence and receive His life. He wants me to get my “Sh” on. He does!

Another important point is that I cannot get this “Sh” on if I am multitasking. Picture this: Just last week I was reading His word while blowing drying my hair- I am all about getting “it done”- this does not mean that I am really getting much or giving much for that matter. I am just working Him in; this is awful!

So, today I am saying that we need to spend time with Him and listen to Him more. Otherwise, we may be off doing on our own things. God adds to our plate from time-to-time, but He also takes from it. If we are not tuned in, our plate will eventually break when it falls on the floor from exhaustion, wear-and-tare, and neglect. Also, anything on this plate that is not placed by God is bound to cause a problem. Who wants that?

We also need to make our time with Him quality time. I don’t think God wants me to share my blow dryer time with Him every day. It’s absurd! And praying in my car is a workable solution for some days, but how can one really tune in and listen to God when they are actively doing something else?

Please don’t get upset; I am trying to keep it real. I am really good at spinning things to fit any situation, but I can’t pull the wool over God’s eyes; I also want to stop hurting Him and myself. When I decide to go my own way and mix Him into my life where He conveniently fits, I am not making Him first. In fact, I need to ask for forgiveness and see if I have made an idol unto myself, someone, or something else.

If anything I wrote speaks to your spirit, be encouraged and take on no condemnation. He uses all things. What now? Decide to make five minutes for God in the morning or night. I prefer the morning, as I want to start the day out right making Him first. I am finding that I am actually coveting it. Furthermore, I realize that as I get older, I want to be transparent and also teach the younger women these life changing principles to save them some time and to help them take this generation for Christ. In short, make time for God and listen! It’s never too late to try; it’s never too late to say yes, Lord!

Click on this the link below and listen to the song: O God of Mine. It transends what I am trying to say! Enjoy, and thanks Rita for composing this song and bringing it to the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I am putting in so many hours with my new teaching position and I often question why God led us here to Tallahassee. I also feel that I am not getting spiritual fed like I was before. The church we attend is traditional and I miss the contemporary and more spirit led churches. I am tired and stress but I know I have to keep trusting in Him and His plan. ..Kristy Herrera

Unknown said...

I can so relate to this blog, it is "right on". thank you for saying what a lot of us really try not to but actually are guilty of. I have finally learned if I put God first my day always goes better! On a more comical note, I really never tried blow drying my hair while reading LOL Now that is truly "multitasking"